Establishment of New York office
Establishment of Hawaii office
- July 5. Seichu Enno Mugenki Memorial: Duane Feasel, Laura Watanuki, Pamela Osborn, Michael Birch, Toshiko Shiozaki present kagetsu in Totsutotsusai.
- Duane Feasel is dispatched to New York as resident tea instructor
- Chanoyu Quarterly begins publishing
- Midorikai invited to attend chakai commemorating renovation of the Sanmon (monumental gate) of Daitokuji
- Daisosho establishes the Urasenke Scholarship for chapter (now called Association) students, and the Soshitsu Sen XV Scholarship for University of Hawaii students
- March 28. Rikyuki Memorial: John McGee, Girma Belachew, James King, Gertrude Hori, Lynette King present kagetsu in Totsutotsusai.
- Daisosho officially approves Midorikai as a three-year program.
- April. Ronald Nado enters the Urasenke Gakuen (graduated March 1976)
- March 28. Rikyuki Memorial: Michael Kane, Christy Bartlett, Bonnie Mitchell, Girma Belachew, Charles Santon offer sumitsuki kagetsu in Totsutotsusai
- October. Twenty-two Midorikai students attend study tour to Kanazawa, visiting Ohi kiln, Miyazaki Kanchi kettle maker, etc., with Hounsai Oiemoto.
- November 19. Sotanki Memorial: Michael Birch, John Freeman, Girma Belachew, Len Nuvoloni, John McGee present Ichi-ni-san in Totsutotsusai
- Urasenke English language newsletter begins
- April. Michael Birch Soei is appointed to be resident tea instructor in London
- April. Ronald Nado graduates from Urasenke Gakuen Chado Semmon Gakko, the first non-Japanese to finish the three-year program.
- April. Michael Kane enters the Urasenke Gakuen Chado Semmon Gakko
- May. Dr. Betty Winchester studies with Midorikai in preparation for teaching the first full-credit course on chanoyu in the History Department, University of Hawaii
- July 5. Seichu Enno Mugenki Memorial: Christy Bartlett, Scott Rogers, Sheila Walters, Judy Clancy, Girma Belachew present shaza no shiki in Totsutotsusai
- September. Midorikai invited to pay respects at the 13th Memorial services for Tantansai Mugensai Sekiso
- November 19. Sotanki Memorial: Eric Messersmith, Bonnie Mitchel, Len Nuvoloni, Helen Szaday, Cynthia Onishi present hirakagetsu in Totsutotsusai
- Allan Palmer dispatched to Boston as resident tea instructor
- February 1. Hounsai Oiemoto invites Midorikai to present chakai for Toinkai at the Toinseki
- Midorikai officially recognized as the Special Foreign Students Division of the Urasenke Gakuen Chado Senmon Gakko
- April. Michael Kane graduates from Urasenke Chado Semmon Gakko
- April. Christy Bartlett enters the Urasenke Chado Semmon Gakkuen
- July. Leonard Nuvoloni and Scott Rodgers participate in the 2nd Urasenke Youth Cruise which traveled to Okinawa and Hong Kong
- Michael Kane, Christy Bartlett, Bonnie Mitchell, Ron Nado, Sheila Walters present shaza no shiki at the Tankokai Kanto Regional Convention in NHK Hall